Vacancy type: Permane Read more [...]
Job Title: Common Service Assistant (Property and Maintenance)
Salary: Euro 30,443.00 (annual gross)
Vacancy type: Indeterminate
Term Details: This position is a LES (Locally Engaged Staff) position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Italy. The aim of this competition is to fill one full-time level 5 position (start date in April/May 2021).
Location: Rome, Italy
Closing date for applications: 15-02-2021 at 23:59 UTC/GMT
Summary of position: Under the supervision of a Common Service Officer (CSO), the Common Service Assistant (CSA) is accountable for the provision of administrative support services of mission specific common services and the coordination of regionalised common services. The CSA is responsible for the provision of documents, information and a variety of administrative services in support of the following areas: procurement, contracting, project management, property and facilities management processes.
Specifically, the Common Service Assistant (Property & Maintenance) is the first point of contact for all property and maintenance requests for both Rome and Vatican missions. The CSA is responsible for planning, developing and implementing a programme for the routine maintenance, repair, upkeep and security of all owned and leased properties; processing client requests, scheduling work orders with internal / external resources, following-up and soliciting client feedback; planning and implementing the maintenance and repairs of office equipment, machinery and appliances; assessing local contractors and suppliers to determine the best value; preparing rents & condo fees for payments, and supporting the development of financial forecasting for the property budget; ensuring property data is updated and accurate; and performing other duties as required.
Essential qualifications: Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience and language. Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
• Successful completion of secondary education
• Fluent (min C1 according to CEFR levels) written and oral command of Italian;
• Fluent (min C1 according to CEFR levels) written and oral command of one of Canada’s official languages (English or French);
• Good command (min B2 according to CEFR levels) of the other official language.
• Minimum 12 months recent* experience working in an office environment in an administrative support role.
*recent is defined as within the last 7 years.
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• General office and administrative practices and procedures;
• Proficiency in using MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel.
• Client Focus;
• Plan, organize and prioritize work;
• Teamwork and Cooperation;
• Problem-Solving Skills and Results Orientation;
• Focus on Quality and Details;
• Knowledge and respect of the concepts contained in the Values and Ethics Code of the Government of Canada;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) in Italian, English and French.
Visit website GOVERNMENT OF CANADA for complete information and application.