Looking for housekeep Read more [...]
Place Category: Job Opportunities
Vacancy type: Permanent
Location: Frascati, Italy
Closing date for applications: 01-04-2021
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. For this purpose, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, beliefs, age, disability or other characteristics. Applications from women are encouraged.
• managing technical activities related to the design, development, qualification, assembly, integration, testing, acceptance, flight and post-flight of the mechanical systems for the above-mentioned scope of activities;
• trade-off analysis at mechanical systems level, in particular regarding subsystems/equipment layout, recurrent and non-recurrent cost aspects;
• apportioning technical requirements from system level to mechanical subsystems, defining the launcher contribution to relevant internal and external interface specifications, from launch system down to launcher system and subsystems, launch base and launch range;
• drafting Statements of Work;
• evaluating industrial offers, negotiating industrial contracts and evaluating industry deliverables;
• preparing and implementing the main project milestones, including specific project reviews at system and subsystem level, in your area of responsibility;
• monitoring the manufacturing and acceptance of Vega and Space Rider elements, ensuring compliance of the mission-specific configuration with the product qualification range;
• technical guidance for dealing with flight anomalies/non-conformances and assessing requests for waivers/deviations;
• assessing the evolving definition (ECP) of mechanical systems and their possible impact on the Vega launch vehicle’s qualification status;
• following up the technical activities related to dealing with component/materials obsolescence and actions aimed at reducing recurrent costs during the exploitation phase.
Multidisciplinary knowledge of area of responsibility
Knowledge of other technical domains with interfaces to own area of responsibility
Space system development and PA standards
Knowledge of ESA and industrial development, verification and procurement processes
Master’s degree in a relevant engineering field.
A strong background in the design, development, assembly, integration, testing and acceptance of mechanical systems for space transportation applications.
Experience in the European launchers sector is an asset, preferably coupled with familiarity with one or more space transportation spin-off applications (atmospheric re-entry and/or small spacecraft missions).
The closing date for applications is 1 April 2021.
At the Agency we value diversity and we welcome people with disabilities. Whenever possible, we seek to accommodate individuals with disabilities by providing the necessary support at the workplace. The Human Resources Department can also provide assistance during the recruitment process. If you would like to discuss this further please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia and Slovenia.
We are the European Space Agency. Our mission is the peaceful exploration and use of space for the benefit of everyone. We watch over Earth, develop and launch inspiring and unique space projects, train astronauts and push the boundaries of science and technology, seeking answers to the big questions about the Universe. We are a family of scientists, engineers and business professionals from all over Europe working together in a diverse and multinational environment. We are dedicated to united space in Europe and united Europe in space. Learn more: http://www.esa.int/