Job Req ID: 14203 Cl Read more [...]
Place Category: Job Opportunities
Job Req ID: 12703Closing Date: 27 September 2021Publication: Internal & External
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 16 August 2021
Vacancy in the Directorate of Internal Services.
Enterprise Platform Architect
Duties• Management and assurance of vendors and third-party delivery partners to ensure conformance with standards, processes and procedures;
• Being point of contact for ESA partners for applications support and development processes;
• Providing direction, and implementing a strategic vision across practices for release management;
• Building and maintaining a robust release and service transition plan for the ESAIT Enterprise Platform comprising technologies such as SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, Integration Platforms and PLM systems;
• SAP landscape optimisation strategy as SAP Basis technical lead for S/4 HANA Transformation;
• Serving as system domain specialist and focal point for architectural planning and frameworks, including capacity tuning and performance management;
• Managing and controlling technical landscape connectivity and environments for all projects and business as usual;
• Establishing a best practice development delivery framework with reusable components, frameworks, common schemas, standards, and tools to be used across platforms;
• Monitoring and ensuring compliance with ESAIT Security policies;
• Applying deep integration expertise with broad experience in SAP integrations including CPI and PI/PO;
• Providing expertise in Enterprise Application Integration including integration patterns, messaging and queuing technologies, API lifecycle management and stream processing;
• Providing support for Major Incident Management and ensuring timely resolution of Major Incidents with functional best practices;
• Awareness of diﬀerent development methodologies, Agile delivery, DevOps;
• Being an active coach and mentor to support team development, wellbeing, the breaking down of silos and inﬂuencing;
• Engaging in long-term IT roadmap development;
• Providing expert support for technology-related aspects, as required;
• Performing any other activities, as appropriate, to deal with emergent needs in the IT Department
Technical competenciesComputer systems engineering
IT service and operations management
Experience and Knowledge of Enterprise Integration Patterns, Microservices and DevOps best practices
Experience in administration and application development in SAP, Microsoft solutions.
EducationApplicants should have a Master’s degree.
Additional requirements• Applicants must have significant professional experience in a similar technical role. One or more of the following will be an asset:
• Experience with Dynamics 365 and/or Product Lifecycle Management technologies
• Data modelling and database design experience
• Prior experience with designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines
• Experience with messaging, integration and stream processing technologies, such as Kafka, ActiveMQ and API Gateways
• Knowledge of .NET, ASP, XML, JSON, SQL, ProtoBuf and/or PowerShell.
The closing date for applications is 27 September 2021.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. Applications from women are encouraged.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia, Lithuania and Slovenia.
We are the European Space Agency. Our mission is the peaceful exploration and use of space for the benefit of everyone. We watch over Earth, develop and launch inspiring and unique space projects, train astronauts and push the boundaries of science and technology, seeking answers to the big questions about the Universe. We are a family of scientists, engineers and business professionals from all over Europe working together in a diverse and multinational environment. We are dedicated to united space in Europe and united Europe in space.
Learn more: http://www.esa.int