Looking for housekeep Read more [...]
Place Category: Job Opportunities
Vacancy type: Permanent
Location: Frascati, Italy
Closing date for applications: 01-04-2021
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. For this purpose, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, beliefs, age, disability or other characteristics. Applications from women are encouraged.
• Acting as Avionics System AIT Technical Authority, ensuring the necessary harmonisation in the activities in this area for both the Vega and Space Rider Development and Exploitation Programmes, in particular coherence between subsystem and system perimeters, and properly tracking all the evolutions in your area of responsibility;
• Closely following up the Vega and Vega-C Exploitation Electrical Integration and Testing both in Europe and French Guiana, in close coordination with the STS/PVA and Product Assurance teams;
• Contributing to the definition and maintenance of the relevant interface specifications between Vega and Vega-C Launcher System and the Launch Complex within the perimeter of the electrical and avionics activities;
• Supporting the Vega and Vega-C qualification monitoring on the supervision of the qualified status within the Avionics System domain;
• Assessing industry requests for changes and non-conformances within your area of responsibility;
• Under the coordination of the Space Rider Avionics Focal Point, managing the technical activities in the area of Space Rider System Electrical Assembly and Integration, including HWIL and Avionics Test Bay architectural design, interface definition, verification register, operational follow-up, contribution to non-conformity and deviation processing, combined test campaign follow-up, participation in the flight campaign, post-flight exploitation and refurbishment activities;
• Supporting the Vega and Space Rider programmes on the preparation and implementation of the main milestones, evaluating the industrial deliverables and supporting their formal acceptance by the Agency;
• Drafting relevant Agency documentation in your area of responsibility (e.g. Statements of Work), evaluating the industrial proposal and supporting the negotiation of industrial contracts;
• Exhaustive systematic reporting of the status and criticalities of the activities in your area of responsibility.
Knowledge of relevant technical domains
Knowledge of ESA and industrial development, verification and procurement processes
ESA Space systems development, verification and review processes and standards
Knowledge of the ESA standards and programmes
Experience in driving and supervising Industrial activities
Proven experience in supporting specific electrical AIT campaigns and of their technical and programmatic requirements in the Space Transportation domain
Broad experience in AIT and avionics for space transportation systems in industry and in ESA programmes is
considered an asset
Master’s degree in a relevant engineering field.
The closing date for applications is 1 April 2021.
At the Agency we value diversity and we welcome people with disabilities. Whenever possible, we seek to accommodate individuals with disabilities by providing the necessary support at the workplace. The Human Resources Department can also provide assistance during the recruitment process. If you would like to discuss this further please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia and Slovenia.
We are the European Space Agency. Our mission is the peaceful exploration and use of space for the benefit of everyone. We watch over Earth, develop and launch inspiring and unique space projects, train astronauts and push the boundaries of science and technology, seeking answers to the big questions about the Universe. We are a family of scientists, engineers and business professionals from all over Europe working together in a diverse and multinational environment. We are dedicated to united space in Europe and united Europe in space. Learn more: http://www.esa.int/