Job Req ID: 12703 Cl Read more [...]
Place Category: Job Opportunities
Vacancy type: Permanent
Location: Frascati, Italy
Closing date for applications: 13 August 2021
Duties• ensuring the continuity of the various ESA Corporate communication channels (e.g. ESA Portal, Space in Images, Space in Videos, blogs, intranet portal) and related services (e.g. search engine, email subscription, analytics) in terms of development, implementation, maintenance and security by selecting and managing in-house and/or external support contracts with regard to infrastructure, CMS-related development/maintenance and web/mobile applications;
• ensuring the continuity of ESA video distribution by selecting and managing external support contracts with regard to the implementation and maintenance of:
• the online platform for ESA video distribution for both the general public and professional audiences; the dedicated interface for any request for ESA videos, in particular from professional audiences (e.g. broadcasters, documentary makers);
• the online and offline archiving of ESA videos;
• managing the development, implementation and maintenance of a communication channel dedicated to the distribution of live content (ESA Web TV) by selecting in-house and/or external support contracts with regard to infrastructure, equipment, software development, play-out automation, media asset management and streaming services;
• managing any contracts in place and new ones with regard to the day-to-day operation of the services, equipment and/or software falling under the responsibility of this post;
• managing the definition, implementation and maintenance of IT solutions for the Office and Department with regard to system administration, maintenance and security;
• proposing and managing the implementation of innovative IT solutions with regard to automatic content distribution, statistical tools (and associated monitoring), online forms, search engine optimisation, etc.;
• supporting the Head of Office with regard to the timely publication of editorial and multimedia content via any of the ESA online communication channels;
• providing technical support to the Department when required and providing, on its behalf, the technical interface with the IT Department and Security Office (in particular ESACERT).
Technical competenciesState-of-the-art knowledge in area of responsibility at required level
Knowledge of ESA Communication existing publishing systems
Knowledge of computerized systems
Experience in managing complex IT related projects
Experience in selecting and managing external support contracts
EducationA Master’s degree in computer science is required for this position.
Other requirements:• demonstrated ability and experience in managing complex Communication IT-related projects;
• an excellent knowledge of computerised systems;
• knowledge of relevant ESA corporate applications and ESA Information Technology Department processes and workflows will be considered an asset;
• familiarity with existing Communication Department publishing systems will be highly relevant to this post;
• the capacity to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
The closing date for applications is 13 August 2021.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. Applications from women are encouraged.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia, Lithuania and Slovenia.
We are the European Space Agency. Our mission is the peaceful exploration and use of space for the benefit of everyone. We watch over Earth, develop and launch inspiring and unique space projects, train astronauts and push the boundaries of science and technology, seeking answers to the big questions about the Universe. We are a family of scientists, engineers and business professionals from all over Europe working together in a diverse and multinational environment. We are dedicated to united space in Europe and united Europe in space. Learn more: http://www.esa.int/