ESA is looking for three Contracts Officers. You will support the Technical Officers and Project/Programme Managers in covering all procurement and contractual aspects for your assigned activities and projects. You will also have the responsibility to ensure that the procurement activities are executed in compliance with the legal and industrial policy requirements as set out in ESA’s Procurement Regulations.
Date Posted: 29 June 2022
Location: ESRIN, Frascati, Italy and ESOC, Darmstadt, Germany and ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
procurement/tendering and contracting process;
• Timely and efficient preparation of the various elements of the procurement and contract documentation;
• Providing guidelines which apply the relevant and up-to-date legal and industrial policy measures throughout the procurement/tendering and contracting process;
• Organising and coordinating all stages of procurement, including the issuing of the Invitations to Tender, ensuring proposals are received and admissible, evaluating them and negotiating the resulting contract with the selected contractor(s);
• Promoting the awareness and understanding of ESA’s procurement/ tendering and contracting processes to the relevant stakeholders;
• Monitoring the performance of the contracts including the negotiation of all amendments;
• Dealing with all administrative, contractual, legal, and industrial issues arising, involving regular and direct interaction with the industrial counterparts;
• Building a trusting relationship with the Project Managers/Technical Officers and their respective teams, advising them on all procurement-related matters.
• Good understanding of intellectual property issues
• Experience in tendering and contracting processes
• Ability to critically assess technical tender documentation and to draft tailored contract conditions
• Knowledge of the European and/or international business sector (institutional, commercial and/or industrial), preferably in the space sector
• Good understanding of economic and financial aspects of contracts
• Negotiation skills
A master's degree in law, economics or business school is required for this post.
• Good academic knowledge in contract law and/or international business law is an asset.
• Ability to understand and formulate contractual/legal texts in English.
For more information, please click here and Apply
Closing date for applications is 15 August 2022
What we offer
A stimulating and inspiring working environment is just one of the benefits of working at ESA. Other advantages include competitive salaries, flexible working arrangement promoting work-life balance, housing relocation support and comprehensive health coverage under ESA’s social security scheme.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.