Job Req ID: 14124 Cl Read more [...]
Place Category: Job Opportunities
Job Req ID: 14203Closing Date: 02 January 2022Publication: Internal & ExternalVacancy Type: Fixed-TermDate Posted: 26 November 2021
DestinE Core Platform System Architect Engineer for implementation of the European Union’s Destination Earth Initiative in the Earth Observation Mission Management and Ground Segments Department.
The objective of the Destination Earth (DestinE) Initiative is to develop a very high-precision digital model of the Earth to monitor and simulate natural and human activity, and to develop and test scenarios that would enable more sustainable development and support European environmental policies. DestinE will contribute to the European Commission’s Green Deal and Digital Strategy. It will unlock the potential of digital modelling of the Earth’s physical resources and related phenomena, such as climate change, water/marine environments, polar areas and the cryosphere, etc., on a global scale to speed up the green transition and help plan for major environmental degradation and disasters.
You will have delegated responsibility for:
• DestinE Core Platform system design and associated procurements
• Technical Interfaces with other DestinE components (Digital twins & Data lake)
• Technical Interface within ESA for any related Technical aspects (e.g. support for the integration of future digital Twins)
• Solid understanding of the evolution of the EO data management landscape
• Sound knowledge of data infrastructures and processes including Cloud-, HPC-, Data Lake- Network- and Modelling and AI aspects
• Experience in interfacing with external parties, including institutional entities, industry and user communities/services
• Experience in negotiating agreements, preferably in an international context
• Technical management experience in large EO data management projects
A PhD or master’s degree in science or engineering is required for this post.
For a complete job description, please click on Apply.
The closing date for applications is 02 January 2022.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia, Lithuania and Slovenia.